The clock is ticking and across the land, agents are frantically trying to make a few quid before dry season kicks in. Who’ll be going where? That I can’t tell you, but I can give you the latest on who has already moved.
- Carlisle have moved for Everton’s young keeper, Louis Gray (pictured) on loan until the end of the season. The 22-year-old made two appearances for the Toffees’ under-21 side in the Checkatrade Trophy this campaign, crucially missing the big match with Lincoln! According to Carlisle’s keeping coach, Dan Watson: “He comes with excellent references and a very good pedigree.” Unless those reference number ‘ten’ then he wouldn’t get through the door at City.
- Saturday’s opponents Swindon will boast a new face too, they’ve picked up Bristol Rovers defender Rollin Menayese on loan until the end of the season. Menayese is highly thought of at Rovers, he signed an extended contract with the Pirates last week. He’s a Wlesh U-17 international too and he had this to say on his move: “Swindon are a big club in this league and in the English Football League as well and they are doing really well at the top of the table.” We’ll see after Saturday young Rollin.
- Luton have raided Ipswich for a player on loan, although they missed the cream of the crop. Having failed to bring in Alex Woodyard, they’ve got 19-year-old Flynn Downes. The midfielder made his first-team debut for Ipswich in August 2017 and played 15-odd games last season. He’s not had a sniff this campaign though and will hope to get game time at Kenilworth Road.
- Forest Green have made their tenth signing of yet another disruptive window, this time adding Alex Bray to the earlier capture of Chris Clements. Bray is a striker from Rotherham who will be hard pushed to edge out Doidge and Reid, he joins from Rotherham.
- Struggling Crewe have picked up some Premiership class by signing Newcastle United full-back Jamie Sterry on loan until the end of the season. Sterry is a 22-year-old full-back who joins Magpies teammate Dan Barlaser at Gresty Road. Sterry has played five times for Newcastle and made appearances on loan at Coventry last season also.
- There’s one in and one out at Colchester. Liam Mandeville, 20, has joined on loan from Doncaster Rovers until the end of the season. He scored four goals this term for Doncaster and has made 64 appearances for them. They cancelled the contract of defender Lewis Kinsella, he has subsequently joined National League promotion hopefuls Aldershot.
That is it for now. Four hours left, no news on Miller, no news on Akinola, no news on Robinson, no news on cover in goal….. expect a busy evening folks.