It’s been a quiet morning so far in League Two, but here’s a round up of what happened yesterday in our league, as well as anything occuring at the current time.
- The first deal of the day has happened at Mansfield. Danny Cowley may not feel like it is Christmas, but Steve Evans loves a deadline day. He’s signed attacking midfielder Matt Penney (pictured) on loan until the end of the season from Championship side Sheffield Wednesday. Evans described Penney as a “very talented” player. “He plays very stylishly in either wide area after being developed at Wednesday as an attacking full-back.”
- Notts County have brought in Ben Hall on loan from Brighton. Hall is a 21-year old Irish defender. Elsewhere, Tom Anderson, the former Imp who has been on loan at Port Vale, has switched to League One Doncaster, dashing any slim hopes Neil Aspin had of his return to Vale Park.
- Here’s one from yesterday to look out for. Crawley Town picked up Charlton forward Karlan Ahearne-Grant on loan until the end of the season. I’m an admirer of Ahearne-Grant and mentioned him briefly in the summer as a potential Imps target. The 20-year-old has scored four goals in 31 appearances for the Addicks this season, with 19 of those outings coming as a substitute.
- Elsewhere, Cheltenham Town have signed Swansea City defender Joe Rodon on loan until the end of the season and Port Vale have signed defender Charlie Raglan on loan from League One Oxford United. Raglan joined Oxford from Chesterfield in June following a successful loan spell.
- Stevenage, possibly preparing for the departure of Tom Pett, have moved to sign a forward. They’ve gone in for striker Alex Revell from Northampton Town on a free. The 34-year-old former Rotherham man has scored three goals in 18 games for the third-tier Cobblers this season.
- Elsewhere, Morecambe have signed Scottish midfielder Gregg Wylde on loan from League One side Plymouth Argyle until the end of the season.
That brings us up to date as of lunchtime, more through the course of the day